We all value something. Values are the guiding principles that steer our life. They are the core ethics and principles that are the desired end state for how we want to live our life.
What do you value?
VALUE FOUR: PEOPLE FIRST
- We choose to invest in the potential God has placed in others. This is helping people develop into passionate, stable Christ followers. (1 Corinthians 10:24)
- This is about deference. It is about respect for others. (Romans 14:1-7)
- How are you at helping others succeed?
- What lift can you bring to someone today?
- Hope is one of the greatest things we can bring into people’s lives. (1 Peter 1:3-4’ Psalm 39:7). We need to distinguish between optimism and hope.
VALUE FIVE: UNITY
- We choose a culture of peace by getting along, showing respect and presuming the best of each other.
- 3 aspects about unity:
- Unity is a choice – Romans 14:19
- Unity begins in the mind – 1 Corinthians 1:10
- Unity is intentional – Ephesiasn 4:1-2
VALUE SIX: TALK AND TELL
- We seize every opportunity to talk and tell about Christ and what He’s done in our lives. (1 Peter 3:15)
- You are a walking billboard for Jesus and what He can do in someone’s life.
- Do you have a “let me in there” mentality? (Acts 21:13)
VALUE SEVEN: FUTURE ORIENTED
- We can’t stay here. You can’t stay here.
- This value screams, “God always has a next for you.”
- Isaiah 43:18-19; 2 Corinthians 5:17
What you value matters. How you steer your life matters. May you be known for living out values that matter. May you be someone who lives for things beyond the temporal. May you honestly say these are values I want to live by.
Click HERE to get a digital copy of our “7 Values To Live By.”
Click HERE to read Part 1 of this series.