DNA: Pastor Phil’s heart for you
1. BE FOCUSED
– The most important thing in life is to “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind.” (Luke 10:27) –
– Be focused on knowing God more (Philippians 3:10). Good questions that help gauge this:
- How much time in a week do you spend intentionally growing in your pursuit of Christ?
- When was the last time you just sensed His favor on your life?
- In this past week, were you led by God to do or say something to someone?
- What thoughts are you in the habit of thinking? How does your thought life shape who you are?
- How do you naturally enjoy God?
– Being focused means creating a weekly church routine. Stay engaged otherwise you may drift.
– What’s one thing you can do to know Jesus more?
2. BE INTENTIONAL
– Jesus’ last words to his disciples were to go and make disciples. Peter and John did just that. (Acts 4:20)
– The Christian faith was never meant to be individually contained. It was meant to be told and spoken.
– We can be intentional in three ways:
- We can love through our words
- We can love through our deeds
- We can love through our finances
–What’s one thing you can do to love people more?
3. BE HOPEFUL
– Christians don’t live as people without hope. (Romans 5:3-5)
– Hope can’t thrive in the presence of a heavy heart. (John 14:1; Psalm 91:2)
– We bring hope by the way we speak. (Proverbs 18:21)
– What’s one way you can bring hope to someone today?
4. BE READY
– Jesus is coming again. We are not on the planning committee we are on the welcoming committee.
– Keep watch and be ready. (Matthew 24:42)
– If anything is separating you and Jesus, deal with it and make yourself ready.
– What is one thing you need to do to be ready?